This is my friend Emily.
Photo and Artistic Enhancements by the Rejectionist.
Important facts about Emily:
1. Emily is a badass.
2. Emily is one of the most amazing people I know.
3. Emily works sixty hours a week as a night-shift ER nurse in rural North Carolina and boy does she have some amazing stories about her job and boy is her job hard.
4. In January, Emily is flying to Nepal to spend a year volunteering at the Kopila Valley Children's Home and School, where she will be starting a medical clinic from scratch with money that she fundraises herself.
I bet right now you are all like, OH BOY WOULD I LIKE TO HELP OUT THIS AMAZING PERSON WITH THIS TOTALLY FABULOUS PROJECT. How convenient! BECAUSE YOU CAN. This week, all week, the Rejectionist is hosting a SMORGASBORD BONANZA AUCTION FUNDRAISER for Emily, in which you will have the UNPRECEDENTED OPPORTUNITY to bid on a series of THRILLING ITEMS.
THESE ITEMS ARE REPUTED TO INCLUDE: a SIGNED ARC of a HOT HOT HOT UPCOMING RELEASE that is maybe GOING TO BE THE MOST FAMOUS BOOK EVER; a QUERY CRITIQUE from one of the SHARPEST ALSO NICEST TACKS ON THE INTERNET; and MANUSCRIPT CRITIQUES from two HIGHLY ESTEEMED PERSONS. Is that SO EXCITING? Are you SO EXCITED???? YOU SHOULD BE.
The SMORGASBOARD BONANZA FUNDRAISER AUCTION FOR EMILY starts TOMORROW, OCTOBER 11, 9AM EST. If you are disinterested in auctions but would like to support Emily, you can also do that here. Any money you donate will go directly to startup expenses for the Kopila Valley Clinic.
HOW THE AUCTIONS WILL WORK
1. Auctions will commence at 9:00AM EST of each day this week.
2. Auctions will run until 9:00PM EST of the day following the day they are posted.
3. Bid using the comment section of the desired item. Please include your email or use a Blogger account I can contact you through. (I will disable comment moderation for the auction, don't fret.)
4. Highest bidder by 9:00PM EST on the date the auction closes wins the item. Once you win, you will have 24 hours to make your donation. If you do not make your donation, the next highest bidder will win the item.
5. Once your donation is made, I will put you in touch with the donor of the item.
ARE YOU READY? ARE YOU GETTING YOUR LITTLE WALLETS OUT? ARE YOU SO EXCITED? SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!! HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!